Dr. Bae is a board-certified, fellowship-trained surgical specialist in oral, maxillofacial, and pediatric craniofacial surgery. Following his undergraduate studies at University of Toronto in Canada, he moved to New York City and earned his dental degree at New York University, graduating at the top of his class as Valedictorian.
He continued his education at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor where he obtained his medical degree. He completed his internship in general surgery and residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Michigan Hospitals, receiving an additional certificate in microsurgery technique. Following residency, he completed fellowship training in pediatric cleft and craniofacial surgery at the El Paso Children’s Hospital in Texas.
In addition to practicing full scope of oral surgery, craniomaxillofacial trauma surgery, sleep surgery, and corrective jaw (orthognathic) surgery, Dr. Bae specializes in the treatment of facial, jaw, and skull deformities ranging from cleft lip and palate, craniosynostosis, and craniofacial disorders.
He is certified in both the United States and Canada and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. He is also certified and a Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. He currently serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the OHSU Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Bae volunteers his time locally to provide oral surgical care to low-income individuals. He also travels internationally to provide cleft lip and palate surgeries to young children in need.
Outside of professional work, Dr. Bae enjoys traveling, staying active, and spending time with his wife, Jimmie, and their two children. He is fluent in English and Korean.
Memberships and Affiliations
– Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
– Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
– Fellow, Royal College of Dentists of Canada
– American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
– International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
– American College of Surgeons
– American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
– American Medical Association
– American Dental Association
– Oregon Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
– Oregon Dental Association
– Board Director, Multnomah Dental Society
– Chalmers J. Lyons Academy
– Strasbourg Osteosynthesis Research Group, North America
Serving the Following CitiesTualatin OR • Tigard OR • Sherwood OR • Lake Oswego OR • Portland OR Beaverton OR • Wilsonville OR • West Linn OR • Canby OR • Oregon City OR Newberg OR • McMinnville OR